Saumil Bhukhanwala con Lessons at Love All Play - Legend Tendulkar Matters! (English Edition)
Lessons at Love All Play - Legend Tendulkar Matters! is a book about Indian cricket Legend Sachin Tendulkar, and how he overcame various challenges, shouldering the hopes of a nation across two decades. It's about the lessons learnt along all the matters that arise, when an iconic player is the focus of glory and blame in a team game.
Experience Tendulkar's fascinating journey with other Indian legends via the mind of a maverick fan! You may not feel the same way at times, so enjoy the different perspective! However, the lessons that were filtered through, will be worth discussing!
The metaphor of Love All Play has a three fold relevance:
- In context of sports analysis: since sports offers a level playing field, it is fundamentally different from real life scenarios. As a result, the way we define sporting concepts is different from popular notions
- Love All Play is also, of course, the starting point of each match - a gift to sportspersons -as it all starts from scratch each time, reseting the past. But that brings uncertainty and pressure too, to be tested again and again.
- In a broad sense, a #loveAllPlayMoment indicates fresh new opportunities when a team is ready to compete globally on even terms.
Re-live the golden era of Indian Cricket '07-'11:
Match summaries highlighting various Indian legends. Tendulkar raised his game to align with Team India's #loveAllPlayMoment- that point when a team is well equipped and ready to compete with the world. Tendulkar achieved his third Test Grand Slam to help put Team India ahead of every other Test team. Finally, it all came together, as he went from a match winner to a tournament winner, yet again, to help India lift the World Cup '11.
Besides Tendulkar and Indian cricket, the book explores some universal concepts in sports.
Insightful essays on Sports vs Life, which lead to defining new terms. New set of hashtags! for search and for social media. Cross-sport quiz help understand a sport by comparison. Examples of table tennis, tennis, cue-sports, chess, soccer, olympics finding their way into a cricket book to broaden our perspective on sport!
Specifically for cricket, there is a new way to assess batting - based on manual inspection - without complex formulas or even averages.
Major topics/Issues covered:
• How often can a batsman play?
• Which are the matches which matter? (applies to every sport)
• You need to get this book, if you are not clear about the above two!
• Its Not About Records, but they are relevant. When and How?
• Personal aspiration vs Team goals. Humans vs chess pieces
• Match Winner vs Tournament Winner
• What administrators can learn from the NBA Basketball
• Taking an outcome: Warne's masterstroke in India, Tendulkar in Sydney, Yuvraj in World Cup
• How is Sport different from Life- the implications
• SportsVsLife- different but inter-woven- Virat Kohli, Milkha Singh & Bustamante
• Match winning & finishing vary for each sport. Yet, one definition!
• Comebacks: Borg-McEnroe, Steve Davis-Taylor, Botham's Ashes, Federer-Nadal, Tiger woods.
• First innings vs Second innings!
• Inspecting batting without averages!
• How many tons, Tendulkar? Logically, lot more.
• Why cricket is unlike Olympics- breaking world records vs combining scoring patterns
• Tendulkar-Lara vs the best bowlers
• Chess in Bowling- Bradman, Tendulkar
• Dot Margins- Gavaskar Richards - different legends both priceless
• The Test Grand Slam- performing against/in each country
• Tendulkar's Test Cycles- 3.5 Grand Slams!
• Tendulkar's amazing '07-11, the numbers which matter
• Match summary of every Test series of India 07-11,
• India ahead of every Test country - Ranked #1 irrespective of ICC ratings
• ODI World Cups- Tendulkar the opener
• World Cups- Best bowling teams - England and West Indies!
• India in WC '11- getting the phases and chases right!